Circumcision for male is an operation by removing the outer skin of the penis. Circumcision in history has existed since prehistoric era which aims to maintain cleanliness.
Circumcision is an act that is useful to avoid the diseases caused by infection from bacteria, one of which is the germs that cause sexually transmitted infections. World Health Organization states that men who have been circumcised have less risk of HIV infection which transmitted through sexual intercourse.
Other reasons for circumcision are:
- To prevent infection of the gynecology
- Prevent the onset of cancer due to impurities produced by glans penis is called smegma.
- To cope with phimosis – a condition where the tip of preputium are narrowed so that can not be pulled toward to the bottom, through the glans (penis head), which can usually lead to obstruction of urine, if this continues without further treatment will result in inflammation on penis.
Some cases of failure in circumcision are:
- a continuous bleeding after surgery
- the glans also be cut
- stitches are not good
- preputium cutting is too short or too long so that circumcision is not optimal
These are caused by the experts who are not professional.
If you want to do the circumcision to your kids or yourself, you should choose a professional doctor, especially surgeon as the most competent experts in performing circumcision, it is useful to avoid undesirable events due to a lack of manpower and professional expertise in performing circumcision .
Note: Circumcision with laser often causes failure than circumcision with cut by scissor.